Generated 05-02-1999 T. Milius
Changed 01-03-2015 T. Milius
- 1977 first electronical kit
- 1979 digital electronical kit
- From 1981 on first computer experience at high school with CBM 3032
- From 1983 on owner of a C-64 with Datasette, later a Floppy.
At that time excellent knowledge of C-64 Hardware-, BASIC and Assembler.
Biggest selfwritten program was a text processor
written in Forth and Assembler, also I wrote a simple database.
- 1985 at school course based on 8085-computers, good knowledge
of hardware and software.
- 1986-1992 Study of information science at university of Hamburg
with science of business as addition.
Special sections were computer graphics (2 and 3D),
static-/FEM-calculation and Operations-Research.
- From 1987 on proud owner of a ATARI-ST, later also of a
20MB harddisc. At the beginning programming of 68000-Assembler
later only C-programming.
I created a lot of various small programs and two bigger ones.
One was a net planning program using a graphical user interface,
the other was my dissertation, a nesting program called Polygonplacer.
- After study I worked form 1993 to 1998 in the EDP-department of a
company producing pipe
hangers. I was responsible at there on the adaption and expansion of
the standard-ERP-package EKS to the needs of the company. This included
the development of some EDP-organisation schemes inside the company.
- From 1994 on an RISC OS based Acorn RiscPC600 replaced my ATARI ST.
On the Acorn I created a simple Signum to TEX / Impression Style
converter, a (slow) Fileprotection-System, a CEPT-Decoder (which no one
wanted to buy), and a system to realize telephone answering machines, a
HTTP Server, an USB Stack for RISC OS, a scan program for EPSON 1650
USB-Scanner, an universal printer driver etc.. Of course I ported my
dissertation to RISC OS. It runs on a 200 Mhz Strong-ARM approximately
100 times faster than on the ATARI ST...
- Since 1998 I am working at a shipping company.
I am programming with EXCEL using VBA/EXCEL 4 Macros, the OLAP-Database
TM1, VBA in conjunction with ACCESS, standalone Visual Basic programs and
in most of the time ORACLE PL/SQL, Forms and Reports. Again I am
developing some EDP-organisation schemes.
- From March 1999 on I am also used a PSION Serie 5 pocket computer with
the operating system EPOC on which I did the most of my private software
development on the way to my regular job. Therefore I developed a file
converter which converts PSION file into formats which can be used
under RISC OS.
- Since February 2004 I bought myself a RISC OS based Iyonix-PC as an
addition to my Acorn RiscPC600.
- In April 2004 the weared out PSION S5 was replaced by a DBOOK1 with
Windows CE. Unfortunately no other operating system is available for the
quite good hardware.
- End of 2010 I bought a BeagleBoard xM which I am running under RISC OS.
It nearly replaced my Iyonix. At that time I wrote the SMSC driver
part for the EtherUSB module to access the Ethernet interface of the
board under RISC OS.
- Mid of 2011 the DBOOK1 got broken finally despite of a couple of repairs
and a reconstruction to switch from Lithium ionic to NiMH battery pack.
I replaced it in spring 2012 by a selfbuild BeagleBoard xM based attache
case computer which I am running under RISC OS of course. To be able to
communicate mobile I develeoped the COMCentre program collection to
support UMTS USB sticks.
Information about privacy protection can be obtained